Brink Constructors is hiring now for the following positions:
Construction Manager – open until filled
- Location: main office in Rapid City, travel to various jobsites is required
- Closing Date: position open until filled
- Reporting Relationship: Operations Manager
- Assist/work outside their role should no work for the role be available (no adjustment in wage).
- Review all safety meetings and JHA’s from the field to assure that appropriate topics are covers and discussed.
- Ensure Construction Compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Work with Senior Project Manager or Area Managers to manage construction, maintain site, ensure a safe work environment, and maintain quality.
- Assist Project Manager with ensuring Weekly Vehicle Reports are being provided for all equipment that is on the project.
- Assist with scheduling equipment into and out of the project as needed with proper transfer documentation.
- Assist with scheduling tools in and out of the project and maintain an up-to-date tool inventory for the project.
- Assist the Project Manager with scheduling of Subcontractors.
- Communication to the crew and owner to maintain a good working relationship.
- Identification, Calculation, and Submittal of change orders.
- Monitor and control subcontractor crew hours.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Understand the Contract requirements.
- Change Orders with detailed information of individual manpower hours, equipment hours, and material used.
- Assist with reading As-Built Drawings.
- Assist with developing construction plans
- Assist with managing labor relations
- Address outstanding “open items” as requested by client
- Review Project Construction Schedules
- 3-5 years of experience within a similar role within the Electrical Transmission/Substation industry and construction field experience
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, construction engineering or a related field.
- Possessing a Commercial Driver’s License is desired, but not required
- Proven problem-solving ability, analytical and numeracy skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Decision making skills
- Very effective organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and listening communications skills
- Knowledge of all applicable safe work practices and safety policies
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Hard working
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- 75% field construction site work and 25% office environment; performs tasks in all weather conditions.
- When in the office, regularly works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light lifting is common.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders and steps, work on uneven ground, muddy/slippery and icy conditions.
- Drive short, medium, and long distances.
- Travel with overnight stays required.
- Extended or non-standard hours as required.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Possess good vision / hearing. (Normal or corrected).
- Ability to work while constantly moving on one's feet.
- Must be able to withstand repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers for full day assignments.
- Must possess good vision (normal or corrected).
- Must possess good hearing (normal or aided).
- Drug Free Workplace: New Employees must submit and successfully pass post –offer drug screening.
- Salary Range: $65,000 to $85,000 (base salary is determined by the knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant)
- Job Type: This is a full- time, exempt position.
- Benefits Package:
- Brink Constructors, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, or veteran status.
Other On-Going Positions
Apprentice Lineman* / Lineman**
Brink lineman and apprentice lineman responsibilities include (but are not limited to): knowing and applying safety procedures; understanding electricity and proper grounding; climbing poles and using aerial platforms (bucket trucks & helicopters); assembling and erecting steel poles and towers; framing, erecting, and guying wood poles; installing insulators and materials; stringing, splicing, deadending, and clipping conductors, installing traveler blocks; and performing any work required of groundmen or operators.
*Apprentice will be trained to operate most equipment
**Note that you must complete a Department of Labor apprenticeship program to be a Journeyman Lineman.
Brink groundmen are responsible for assisting linemen and operators with materials and tools required for construction. They follow safety procedures, work with hand tools, and prepare trucks with material and tools for the day's work.Complete Online Application
Brink operators are responsible for effectively and safely operating and performing daily maintenance on heavy equipment. This may include (but is not limited to) cranes, bucket trucks, diggers, trenchers, skid steers, and wire pullers.Complete Online Application
Complete Online Application
If you wish to download and mail an application instead of submitting your information online, please download our printable application.